On-demand services are the hottest business in the market today. Uber has been a forefront for many startups and entrepreneurs to launch their one taxi-hailing business. To make it successful, an uber clone app is needed to help customers book their rides on-demand.
Uber was started in the year 209 and is estimated at billions today. Its revenue is directly linked to the user-friendly taxi booking app that users worldwide use to book their rides. Several entrepreneurs and taxi businesses have begun to incorporate this model and are leaning towards Uber-like apps to run their businesses successfully.
If you are a taxi business wanting to build an uber clone app, you have come to the right place. The most asked question for every taxi business owner is how much an uber clone app costs to develop from scratch.
Estimating the exact cost for an uber clone app can be hard considering uber clone scripts are highly customizable and the costs depend on the features you want your uber clone app to have.
Here are the main factors that can roughly determine the cost for your uber clone script development:
- Choice of the platform that is used to build the app
- Basic features you want on the app
- UI/UX designs and features that determine the aesthetics and usability of the app
- Target demographics which determine the language for the uber clone script
- Product maintenance by support teams and QA testing
- Security updates and the frequency
Uber clone script usually is a combo package of two separate apps- a passenger app and the driver app. While most features on the passenger and driver uber clone app are similar, there are certain variations that help both user parties have a good experience on the uber like app.
Here are the common features of the Uber clone script for passenger and driver app:
Uber Clone Script for Passenger App
The uber clone script for the passenger will have some basic features like the following:
- Register and Login feature allowing the passenger to log-in using phone numbers or social media accounts.
- Ride Booking Interface to let the user book a ride by providing details like pick-up address, cab type, ride preferences, etc.
- Location Tracker that is used to identify the location of the user that can help allotting rides and also help the driver locate the rider easily.
- Price calculator feature calculator the price of the ride from point A to Point B.
- Payment Feature enables users to pay using debit/credit card, in-app or cashless payments, and other methods.
- Push Notifications are used to notify the rider about the ride status, send updates and also alert them on offers.
- Booking History helps the rider see their previous bookings
- Reviews and ratings features enable the users to rate their experiences on the app and the ride.
Uber Clone Script for Driver App
Here are some prominent features required for the uber clone script for the driver app:
- Register, Login, Authentication feature helps onboard the drivers on the app, submit necessary documents and start taking rides on the uber clone app.
- Booking feature enables the drivers to accept or deny bookings from riders, see the location of the rider, destination of the booking and other details like their booking history.
- Push Notifications are used to send notifications to the driver’s mobile phone to update ride details, payment, destination and other ride details.
- Navigation Feature lets drivers use Google Maps or Location Services like iOS Map Services to avail directions to reach the destination. It can also be used to track location of the rider before pick-up.
- Other features like in- app messaging, route selection, and reviews to enhance the experience of the drivers through the uber like app.
The Admin Panel controls and manages all the bookings, rides, operations, requests, and processes from a single vantage point. The admin panel has a 360degree view of the business and acts as a bridge between the rider and the drivers.
The admin panel can also control ride prices on the uber clone app, perform promotional activities and send out push notifications, structure offers, etc.
These are some of the main components of the Admin Panel uber clone script:
- Interactive dashboard with a complete view of the business
- Permissions for Customizations
- Details of the Drivers
- Manual Allocation of Drivers
- Manual Driver Alerts
Once this part of the uber clone script structure has been sorted out, the cost estimation to develop each of these structures can be done. The cost estimation usually is dependent on the time taken to develop the app and the development charges for the individual features.
These are some of the factors that are needed to estimate the cost of an uber clone script development:
1. Most Expensive Components
Taking into account the main components of the uber like app, these are some of the most expensive components of the development process:
- Backend development of the driver and rider uber like app
- Web development for the uber clone app as well as the admin panel
- UI/UX Design for smooth usability and pleasing aesthetics
- Third-party service APIs integrations such as payment portals, SMS notifications, in-app messaging platforms, etc.
- Native experience qualities for Android and iOS.
- Post-deployment maintenance & Quality assurance for the uber clone script for durability and seamless functioning of the app.
2. Technology and Tools used to build the app
Uber clone script can be developed using programming languages for the backend like Java, Node.js, Python, PHP. For the GPS, the most commonly used technology is OpenStreetMap API or iOS and Android.
OS-specific APIs for native use integrate Google Maps and Google Location Services API for Android and MapKit or CoreLocation framework for iOS systems.
When introducing your uber clone script to the market, it is better to have custom-made elements like servers, maps, and payments that best suit your business. A good server is needed to process payments, access maps, process a plethora of requests every day, etc.
3. In-app Payment features
In-app payment solutions can include third-party payment gateway integrations like Paytm, PayPal, GooglePay, Stripe, etc.
Push Notifications and SMS notifications services can also be integrated into the payment solutions to communicate with the users.
4. Backend Infrastructure
The backend of the uber clone script is the most vital part of the development process. Developers spend more time and effort during this process to ensure that the structures and elements are integrated well to guarantee a good outcome.
Various technology and coding languages can be used to build the uber like app and link the driver and rider apps seamlessly. Database systems like MySQL and PostgreSQL can be used to store user data which can come in very handy in the future for promotions, offers, etc.
5. Operating systems- Android/iOS
Native apps can be designed to function well with the same backend and functionality in Android and iOS apps. This can greatly boost your target audience and enable you to cater to wider audiences.
This also helps you integrate seamlessly with both OS, giving you an upper hand in the uber like app business.
The Final Cost
The final estimation for the development of the uber clone script is taken by weighing down all the features that need to be added to your uber clone app. The add-ons and customizations also with the basic features can take time and effort.
The cost of building an uber clone script with Xaber. Is no different. The only way to find out is by having a discussion with our experts and consultants who can understand your business, establish the necessary features and elements needed for your uber clone app and give you an estimate.